- Blogging is the best way to enjoy a little downtime, especially if you’re trying to avoid doing real work and being productive entirely. With a blog, you can simply say:
“I know I have this deadline for work, but I really have to work on my blog right now. It’s been a while since my last post, and I don’t want it to get stale. God, has it only been two days since my last post? I better add some new material just in case!”
- Blogging makes you part of a vast network of cool, witty people like yourself who enjoy the same things you do: specifically writing and procrastinating.
- Blogging is the best way to boost your confidence and self-esteem. When you blog regularly, you get a consistent stream of followers who like and comment on your posts. You’re practically famous in the blogging community. This is even more reason why you must continue to keep up on your blog: your fans are waiting. And, as your parents probably told you many times during the course of your life: it’s rude to keep people waiting.
- Blogging improves your communication skills and vocabulary, thereby keeping your mind healthy and your neurotransmitters active. That’s right. Blogging actually makes you smarter. Take note.
- Blogging finally gives you a place where you can use all those random photos you’ve taken with your camera phone of your cat wearing a ridiculous bowtie, your kid with spaghetti up his nose, and other oddities that you find entertaining from your daily life.